Explore the key strategic industries in Mexico to understand their behavior in recent years and trends are provided for each of them.
- Exports of Mexican aerospace industry grew 140% in the last five years (SE). In recent years, Mexico was ranked as the sixth supplier of aerospace products from the European Union (Eurostat) and the ninth United States (U.S. Census Bureau).
- 1 in 8 cars sold in America are made in Mexico (Bureau of Economic Statistics).
- In recent years, Mexico was the sixth largest exporter of medical instruments and appliances, surgical, dental and veterinary (Global Trade Atlas).
- In recent years Mexico was also the second largest exporter of television sets in the world (Global Trade Atlas).
- Mexico is the largest producer of organic coffee in the world (SAGARPA-SICD).
- The potential that Mexico has for generating wind power is 40 000 MW annually, which would be enough to illuminate Panama for 40 years (Renewable Energy Laboratory U.S.).
- Mexico is the third largest producer of silver in the world and represents about 16% of world production of this metal (Statistical Yearbook of the Mexican Mining).
- For two consecutive years, Mexico was ranked the best country for retirement (a total of 29 countries), based on the Annual Retirement Index "International Living".
- Two Mexican companies lead the list of top IT companies in Latin America, published by AT Kearney Global Services.